Enter content here
Enter content here
Enter content here
1. Moderated a session at the ClaSic 2008. Singapore. December 4-7, 2006.
2. Executive Director of the Global EIL Congress. Seoul, Korea. May 25-26, 2007.
3. Moderated 2 sessions at ClaSic 2006 Conference. Singapore. December 7-9, 2006.
4. edweek.org: Education Week: English Now
The shortage of English teachers is a serious problem, and the cost [of materials] is another problem,” Reima Al-Jarf, a professor of English in the College of Languages and Translation at King Saud. www.edweek.org/ew/articles/2006/04/12/31english.h25.html
5. Moderated a session at the 4th Asia CALL conference. Sorabol College, Geongju, Korea, November 10-12, 2005.
6. Chaired 2 sessions at the Role of Language in the Dialog among Civilizations. University of Isfahan. April 22-24, 2004.
7. Internet Fair. TESOL 2003 Conference. Baltimore. March 25-29, 2003.
8. Supervised “Presenters’ World”. NECC 2002 Conference. San Antonio, June 17-19, 2002.
9. CALL VILLAGE consultant. TESOL 2002 Conference. Salt Lake City, Utah. April 9-13.
10. INTERNET FAIR consultant. TESOL 2002 Conference. Salt Lake City, Utah. April 9-13.
11. Chaired a session at the AAAL 2002 Conference. Salt Lake City, Utah. April 6-9.
12. Submitted suggestions for organizing the 13 Annual Conference of the Egyptian Association for Curriculum and Instruction. Cairo, July 24-25, 2001.
13. Chaired a session at the First Annual Conference of the Association of English, Translation and ESL Professors at Arab Universities (APETAU). Amman, Jordan, August 28-30, 2000.
14. Participated in Evaluating the ACTFL Standards for learning foreign languages.
15. Evaluated the services provided by TESOL organization.
(2) Community Services:
16. Participated in a seminar on Developing a National Strategy to Promoting Reading in the Saudi Society. King Abdul-Aziz Public Library, Riyadh. October 31, 2004.
17. Interpreter at Al-Janadriya Cultural and Heritage Festival December 27-29, 2003.
18. Invited to attended the Medina Student Excellence Award December 25, 2003.
19. Interpreter for the foreign delegates of the Third International Regional Transportation Conference who visited KSU. Ministry of Transportation, Riyadh (1988).
Radio & T.V. Talks
20. Radio talk about elearning. Radio.net program. Saudi Arabian Radio, Arabic Service. May 24, 2008.
21. Teaching French in Saudi Arabia. Interview with Radio Monte Carlo. March 19, 2008.
22. Phone Interview by Almajd T.V. about reading, 2006.
23. 2 talks in “Radio & Author” program. Saudi Arabian Radio, English Service, 2006.
24. Talk about tourism in Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabian Radio, English Service, 2006.
25. Guest speaker in “Open Hour” program, Saudi Arabian Radio, English Service, 2006.
26. Gave a radio talk about reading problems, 1998.
27. Gave a radio talk about University and Community Week, 1998.
(3) University Services:
28. Organized and supervised Career Day Functions and Exhibits held during the First University and Community Week (1998).
29. Participated in the panel discussion about university colleges held during the second University and Community Week (1998-1999).
30. Edited and organized the Graduate College Catalog (1989).
31. Adjunct professor. English Department, King Saud University.
32. Prepared A Teacher’s guide for Teaching Language courses (spring 2007).
33. Language courses coordinator (Fall & spring 2006-2007).
34. Interviewing lecturers to be recruited as EFL instructors at COLT (2005-2006).
35. Requested by Dean of the College of Languages and Translation to restructure the college (2003).
36. Requested by Dean of the College of Languages and Translation to evaluate translation programs at the college (2003).
37. Requested by Dean of the College of Languages and Translation to design smart and online language classrooms at COLT (2003).
38. Requested by Dean of the College of Languages and Translation to prepare an M.A. program in translation and interpreting (2003).
39. Coordinator of Cultural Extracurricular Activities and Open Day (1999).
40. Coordinator of Social and Cultural Extracurricular Activities and Open Day (1998).
41. Developed the College of Languages and Translation admission test (1999).
42. Set goals for the New Translation Program. College of Languages and Translation.
43. Reviewed textbooks written by some faculty members at the department.
44. Academic advisor.